Re: Anti-virus software for 7.0

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find anti-virus software for 7.0? I tried
using Bitdefender's but it says it is not supported by 7.0 during
installation.

I installed bitdefender v7.60428 some time ago. I today upgraded that
specific box to releng_7_0 and bitdefender runs fine.

You say 'installing'. I downloaded a tarball and unpacked that to
/opt/bitdefender . Iirc I grabbed a evaluation version from their site.

Hth.

Cheers,
Robert

  • Re: Linux (new thread)
    ... After trying various configurations I set the installation aside ... much newer machine with USB mouse and keyboard. ... Suns have two Zilog 8530 dual serial port chips. ... IIRC, 256 MB was the maximum for that system. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • Re: [kde] KDE 4: the good, the bad and the broken
    ... Did you mean IIRC or Kedit? ... maybe the tar ball installation places it at a wrong location or it ... requires manual copying. ... I think that's back in KDE 4.5. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: not recognizing version
    ... Thanks for confirming that the upgrade option is not available. ... system until you reach the installation options screen and confirm a choice. ... >>> load was an evaluation copy, ...
  • Re: not recognizing version
    ... It doesn't hurt to try it though since no changes are made to the system until you reach the installation options screen and confirm a choice. ... If upgrade is disabled and only custom is available, then forget my suggestion and exit Setup without confirming. ... with no SP1 installed unless the Vista dvd is a very recent one and has SP1 ... > says evaluation copy in right corner, ...
  • Re: on boot, access beyond end of device
    ... IIRC "Block count:" from tune2fs is how big the file system things the ... hard drive/volume group is. ... When installing on the problem box, the installation software ... For unrelated reasons, ...
    (Fedora)