Firewire vulnerability applicable on FreeBSD?

Hi there,

I've stumbled on this article. I wonder if this is applicable to
FreeBSD. Would it still be possible to exploit it without a firewire
driver?

http://www.dailytech.com/Lock+Your+Workstations+Or+Not+New+Tool+Bypasses+Windows+Logon/article10972.htm

« The tool is a simple, 200-line script written in the Python
programming language exploits features built into Firewire that allow
direct access to a computer's memory. By targeting specific places that
Windows consistently stores its vital authentication functions,
Boileau's tool is able to overwrite Windows' secured code with patches
that skip Windows' password check entirely. »

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen
< jlehen at clesys dot fr >

  • Re: Im puzzled - Firewire Problems, need help Please.
    ... faster than USB). ...  With the so called driver from WD installed, ... windows update site....etc, so it did, and it looked all over my hard drive & ... Now Western Digital Support is telling me that the Firewire Drive is plug ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slow XP Boot
    ... My DSL service used static IP addresses. ... I don't recall installing any special driver for my firewire card reader, ... it must be the Windows XP Home driver that is not responding to the Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slow XP Boot
    ... My DSL service used static IP addresses. ... I don't recall installing any special driver for my firewire card reader, ... it must be the Windows XP Home driver that is not responding to the Windows ...
  • Re: Slow XP Boot
    ... My DSL service used static IP addresses. ... I don't recall installing any special driver for my firewire card reader, ... it must be the Windows XP Home driver that is not responding to the Windows ...
  • Re: Slow XP Boot
    ... My DSL service used static IP addresses. ... I don't recall installing any special driver for my firewire card reader, ... it must be the Windows XP Home driver that is not responding to the Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)