Firewire vulnerability applicable on FreeBSD?
- From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:12:09 +0100
I've stumbled on this article. I wonder if this is applicable to
FreeBSD. Would it still be possible to exploit it without a firewire
« The tool is a simple, 200-line script written in the Python
programming language exploits features built into Firewire that allow
direct access to a computer's memory. By targeting specific places that
Windows consistently stores its vital authentication functions,
Boileau's tool is able to overwrite Windows' secured code with patches
that skip Windows' password check entirely. »
Jeremie Le Hen
< jlehen at clesys dot fr >
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: DDOS problem from Bangkok, Thailand
- Next by Date: Re: Firewire vulnerability applicable on FreeBSD?
- Previous by thread: DDOS problem from Bangkok, Thailand
- Next by thread: Re: Firewire vulnerability applicable on FreeBSD?