Re: *BSD user-ppp local root (when conditions permit)

Dan, good day.

Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 01:48:17AM +0100, Dan Lukes wrote:
Eygene Ryabinkin napsal/wrote, On 03/02/08 00:06:
1. Run ppp
2. type the following (or atleat some variation of)

Yes, good catch: looks like stack-based buffer overflow

Could you please test the following rough patch

It seems you are going to cut of part of line silently.

IMHO - the line shall be rejected as invalid at all or warning needs to be
issued at least ...

Yes, I will add the neccessary statements. But first I want to
verify that the exploitation path is not available anymore.

Someone may create so long line (unintentionally), it will not work for him
with no hint why - it's not so polite ...

May be the buffer should even be dynamically resized -- will look
into it.