LOCAL_CREDS and unix domain sockets

With unix domain sockets, unix(4), are LOCAL_CREDS actually supported
or not?

I've been trying to fetch this from within a Perl script
using 'my $local_creds=$some_connection->sockopt(LOCAL_CREDS)', but
all I keep getting is a undefined variable in return, as if fetching
it is not supported.

  • Re: LOCAL_CREDS and unix domain sockets
    ... Fernando Schapachnik wrote: ... I've been trying to fetch this from within a Perl script ... I think my understanding if when I originally posted the email was ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • problem reading html stream
    ... I have a perl script that reads a, large, html stream (TV program ... )" to fetch the data. ... Dave Saville ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • fetch problem
    ... update.pl for drWeb antivirus), message fetch: ... from console fetch also not operate, but the same perl script running from ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: LOCAL_CREDS and unix domain sockets
    ... I've been trying to fetch this from within a Perl script using 'my ... Using a C language program I can get and set LOCAL_CREDS on FreeBSD 7.0 and it looks implemented in the kernel. ... Are you running an older FreeBSD version and/or have you rebuilt Perl since support for LOCAL_CREDS was added? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)