Re: MD5 Collisions...

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:21:21 -0800 (PST)
jason <freebsd-security@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone in a position to understand what's going on here already knew. And
anyone who doesn't understand these results is not going to be able to
make any effective use of an advisory, and they're just going to get
scared over nothing. Therefore, I don't think any kind of advisory is
warranted.

fair enough. I also know that ports,etc dont solely rely on md5, but I think the text in man md5 could be made a bit updated a bit, or maybe point to some external reference with more updated information...

just my $0.01 anyway ;)
thanks,