Re: security weakness

Do you run a mailserver on the computer which tiscali spotted as a
source of spam?

I distrust Tiscali.de (*)
Whether other Tiscalis are cohesive, I wouldn't know.

This are just some hints to check out. I can not really help you
any further, as this is to time consuming to do with a computer
novice and without direct access to your computer. It would be
better if you get some professional computer support in your area,
which could be able to find the real source of your problem with
the sending out of spam.

To find a consultant on your part of the globe:
http://www.berklix.com/consultants/
Geographically indexed Commercial Consultants Index
(inc. pointer to FreeBSD Index now partly geographicaly indexed,
but still not as rigorously as my index :-)

(*) I believe they once charged me for pre code phone calls I didn't make.
I created a unique email address to mail them complaint, (never used
with others, eg any Microsoft viraly infested & spammer harvested
PC recipients). Very quickly, I got spams on the new unique address.

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com

  • Re: Two girls caught drug smuggling
    ... The girls claim that some nice people paid for them to visit the country, ... Judging by the amount of spam I get, despite Google's spam filtering, ... There was a consultant scam that used to work this way. ... millions of folk receiving the spam would be told up and half would be ...
    (uk.philosophy.humanism)
  • Re: Qualtrics: "We need your voice"
    ... Qualtrics is the industry-leading provider of Survey Software solutions. ... They have a decent website. ... they'd know that people don't like spam. ... On the whole I agree with you but once a consultant always a consultant so although I've retired & closed the company I'd be prepared to make them an offer. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Two girls caught drug smuggling
    ... received all the correct predictions would start to believe in the ... cleverness of the consultant, and there would be enough of them to ... for people like me who delete spam after only glancing at it. ...
    (uk.philosophy.humanism)
  • Re: OT:Doom/CBIC
    ... Consultant wrote: ... > welcome to the club, only a special few of us get these! ... > look forward to a flood of spam and personalized ms security patches ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Nikon have leaked my email address to spammers
    ... I registered with a unique email address @ a domain I own. ... Now I'm getting sent spam that contains viruses, to the very address I gave Nikon. ... So, have Nikon sold on my address, or have they been hacked, or is there a rogue employee? ... My domain isn't publicised in any way though, and I have never received a single piece of guess-the-username type spam. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)