Re: nx-bit and TPM

Igor <runixd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'm was looking through handbook and wikipedia and it appears FreeBSD
doesn't support hardware (nor software) nx bit.
There also doesn't seem to be any support for TPM (Trusted Platform Module).

I believe NX support was never implemented because Intel's version of
AMD64 didn't support it. As for TPM, I don't see the point.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@xxxxxx

  • Re: Hardware support for how long ?
    ... Like most of the people wrapped around 3000 support, we are finding the pool getting smaller and our geography getting larger. ... Your interest in third party support, yet your unwillingness to go there now, might very well mean it will not exist when you need it later on down the road. ... My suggestion - find a good third party maintanance (TPM) company now, and start supporting them so they will still be around to support you. ... It may sound a little self serving, but expecting us to wait until HP finally decides they have pillaged enough, may find most of us gone when you need us. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Seeking Opinions On This Build...
    ... to support the computer via an IT department, ... Very few reviews of the motherboard are available. ... Motherboard has a TPM chip, ... And some business laptops, use full disk encryption hard drives, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: TPM driver backport for 2.4 anyone?
    ... linux 2.6 contains support for TPM. ... There is no backport of any 2.6 thing into 2.4 anymore, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: nx-bit and TPM
    ... >> doesn't support hardware nx bit. ... >> There also doesn't seem to be any support for TPM. ... As for TPM, ... This should not stop us in using it on amd64 if available. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: nx-bit and TPM
    ... There also doesn't seem to be any support for TPM (Trusted Platform Module). ... AMD64 didn't support it. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)