Re: OpenBSD IPv6 remote kernel buffer overflow. FreeBSD has this too?

Robert, good day.

Sorry for the delayed response on this -- I've only just returned from Tokyo in
the last day and am significantly behind in e-mail from the trip.

According to a source analysis by Jinmei, we are not vulnerable, but I will
continue tracking the thread. Apparently this vulnerability involved an issue
in the handling of M_EXT, and our implementation of clusters differs
significantly from OpenBSD, so it seems likely we are not affected.

OK, thanks for the analysis and sorry for the noise.

If we
discover any information to the contrary, you can be sure that we will get it
fixed and release an advisory!

Very good, thank you.
--
Eygene