security issues of aio
- From: Nicolas Rachinsky <fbsd-security-0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:01:36 +0100
in /sys/conf/NOTES there is a comment
| # Use real implementations of the aio_* system calls. There are numerous
| # stability and security issues in the current aio code that make it
| # unsuitable for inclusion on machines with untrusted local users.
| options VFS_AIO
Are there still problems with aio?
I only found http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/7693, but no
advisory or other hint that this was fixed (I think I must have missed
that somehow). And some closed PRs about fixed problems.
Do these affect aio.ko as well?
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Support for 5.x (Was: Re: What about BIND 9.3.4 in FreeBSD in base system ?)
- Next by Date: audit problems
- Previous by thread: post-reload SSH server key transfer ... comments ?
- Next by thread: audit problems