Intel LAN Driver Buffer Overflow Local Privilege Escalation

Hi,

I found an advisory
(http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-023726.htm) from intel for
their LAN driver for the eepro100 and gigabit network cards.

Is the FreeBSD em driver in any way affected by this problem? Looks like
it is at least derived from the intel driver.

greetings,
philipp wuensche

  • Re: FreeBSD 7.0 problems
    ... Ergo I can't fault the hardware in any way. ... The wifi driver complains of timeout errors. ... vendor = 'Intel Corporation' ... ABI class: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: igb and ALTQ in 9.1-rc3
    ... But the idea that the FreeBSD community refuses to point out that some ... I wrote a multiqueue driver for 7 for igb that works very well, ... developer community and improve the intel driver. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • PROBLEM: Kernel panic on 2.6.36-rc4 when loading intel_ips on Core i3 laptop
    ... I'm getting a kernel panic when I try to load the new Intel IPS powersaving code. ... It occurs on an Acer 1830T which has a Core i3-330UM CPU. ... PEBS fmt1+, Westmere events, Intel PMU driver. ... Using ACPI for IRQ routing ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: intel 82576 ipsec offload?
    ... the network engineer at Intel responsible for all FreeBSD wired ... If everything is there except the support in the driver then I might be able ... I wonder if FreeBSD have also support on this feature? ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • ASUS P5B-MX [946GZ/GMA 3000] does not work with Intel driver
    ... I cannot make Intel 3000GMA in ASUS P5B-MX to work with intel driver. ... intel: Failed to allocate framebuffer. ... Loading extension XFree86-DRI ...
    (freebsd-current)