Re: which windows software can communicate with ipsec(racoon)?

On Friday, 2006-11-24 at 11:44:37 +0200, Jordan Ostreff wrote:
Cisco VPN uses by default udp communication not TCP - maybe this is
related to your problem.

IPSec normally uses AH and ESP which are protocols in the same layer as
UDP and TCP. The protocol numbers are 51 and 50. If a firewall blocks
all protocols besides UDP and TCP, and filters those protocols by ports,
you can only use UDP encapsulation. I never tried to do this with FreeBSD,
though. Dunno if the kernel can do that. I didn't find such a thing in
the setkey manpage on 5.3. It mentions TCP, though.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear |
| weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest |