Re: [fbsd] HEADS UP: FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 EoLs coming soon

One of my servers is colocated in a place on a different continent - which is
why I haven't been able to upgrade it beyond RELENG_4. Google turns up a
binary upgrade as the only way I can get to RELENG_6. Is this still the case
(because the logistics on arranging that are ... interesting) or is there a
relatively safe way to upgrade from RELENG_4 to RELENG_6 remotely?

Yes, I do have OOB access to the box in question...

--
patrick

  • Re: NT4 to Win 03
    ... Easies is to upgrade your existing PDC. ... you have to set the AD domain in Native mode. ... If you upgrade you do not have to set your AD domain in native mode. ... > assume i will install the new 2003 servers one at a time. ...
  • Re: Graphical Interfaces
    ... A sampling of the things that Microsoft has never really understood: ... - You can't reboot servers to install software. ... you can't upgrade anything in less than two years. ... - Internal documentation of software is a good thing, especially for tech support. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: NT4 to Win 03
    ... > users access to NT 4.0 file/application servers, ... In other words, if I upgrade my ... replication between NT 4.0 BDCs and AD DCs in the same domain. ... > the NT domain to the AD domain, or upgrade, by upgrading the NT PDC first. ...
  • RE: NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003 Upgrade
    ... When I start the upgrade process ... | would it be better to configure DNS through the AD wizard? ... My question is, when should I add my static servers, ...
  • Re: Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation
    ... I can import rpm dependencies into my own ... involved in an upgrade, as well as the potential problems. ... The servers are all network clients, ... I read messages from the public lists. ...
    (Fedora)