Getting GELI Keys from Floppy
- From: Frank Steinborn <steinex@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:00:21 +0200
i want to encrypt my HDD's with GELI (not the root-fs, though). I want
to do the encryption without password, just with a key. The key should
be stored in a floppy disk, and the read should be read automatically
on boot, from the floppy.
There is a problem here, because GELI initializes _before_ mounting
the disks from /etc/fstab (for obvious reasons, of course). So GELI is
not able to get the keys from the floppy and fails.
So, any hints how I could get the floppy mounted _before_ GELI tries
Thanks in advance,
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20060905.txt
- Next by Date: Re: Getting GELI Keys from Floppy
- Previous by thread: http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20060905.txt
- Next by thread: Re: Getting GELI Keys from Floppy