Re: Need help on ipfw IDS support.

On 0, Sunil Sunder Raj <unixtools@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to integrate SNORT with IPFW. I have an entire network
behind an IPFW BRIDGE. Just need IDS capability enabled for the network.
Just an hint is enough. Any other way I can achieve this in IPFW.

-Sunil Sunder Raj

Yes, snort has a configure option to enable ipfw support.

--
Nigel

Darkness is not the absence of light.
It is the presence of Vin Diesel.

  • Re: problems with networking and route command
    ... Unfortunately natd does not work as yet. ... about advisability of referring to the Handbook IPFW page, ... It will also protect your IPv6 network, ... Still I have server connection to the internet on rl0 and server ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • ipfw optimization on slow computers?
    ... I'm running FreeBSD on a pretty slow machine as the home's network router. ... but I have a suspicion that I could get faster internal network ... no idle CPU % on the server, even though the idle CPU % is very high when ... is there a way I can get my ipfw config file to ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • No network connectivity to system
    ... connections to the machine and am hoping someone has some ... I do not believe that it is ipfw related. ... It NFS-mounts network drives without problem. ... John Morgan Salomon ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: How to get my Dads Win2k system to access internet through my FreeBSD 6.2 system
    ... My dad has a Windows 2000 machine with a network card but does not have a connection to the internet. ... While I can access the internet easily, I want my dad to be able to connect to the internet with my freebsd box serving as the gateway. ... router to this ISP using a 192.168.1.0 private network space. ... These allow me to control the traffic within ipfw which makes ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: strange network behaviour
    ... > on Friday i set up 4 old celeron boxes as DNS servers for a client. ... and inbound network traffic vanishes. ... What is your default rule for IPFW? ... It turns out what was happening was that the ipfw machine running ...
    (freebsd-questions)