Re: Integrating ProPolice/SSP into FreeBSD
- From: Kris Kennaway <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:49:19 -0400
On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 07:41:31PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2006, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
first sorry for cross-posting but I thought this patch might interest
-CURRENT users as well as people concerned by security.
I wrote a patch that integrates ProPolice/SSP into FreeBSD, one step
further than it has been realized so far.
This looks very neat.
Could you remind me what, if any, ABI issues might exist? I'm familiar
with the ideas behind ProPolice, but not the implementation. Can I use
SSP-compied libraries with pre-SSP applications? Can I use post-SSP
applications with pre-SSP binaries?
Last time I tried it (several years ago, when I maintained my own
local patch for world integration), backwards binary compatibility was
an issue, i.e. it was possible to hose your system when trying to
revert the changes (since all rebuilt binaries all depend on symbols
no longer provided in libc).
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Integrating ProPolice/SSP into FreeBSD
- Next by Date: Re: Integrating ProPolice/SSP into FreeBSD
- Previous by thread: Re: Integrating ProPolice/SSP into FreeBSD
- Next by thread: Re: Integrating ProPolice/SSP into FreeBSD