RE: Re: FreeBSD Security Survey

As an administrator, time is always an issue. FreeBSD has proven
itself time and again. Having said that, one "wish" would be to have
a default/built-in security update mechanism.
Since time is always and issue, if the system could by default
(without an admin having to write scripts and/or apps, or manually
update) update itself for both system and installed ports/packages, it
likely would reduce security issues exponentially.
This of course would be a massive project/challenge. Varying system
and kernel configurations alone would make this a huge challenge, not
to mention the potential security implications.
The survey is a great idea. I suggest adding a section for
administrators to add comments and/or "wishes".
Sejo
Brent Casavant wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 20