Re: Looking for tor users experiencing crashes

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Andrej (Andy) Brodnik wrote:

However, on my 6.0 I wanted to install recently the WLAN card using ndis. The card I wanted to use was dlink (AIRPLUS driver). The generation of the driver using ndisgen went through smoothly, but when I wanted to load the kernel module, the machine simply hang. Any suggestions/proposals would really nice to get.

If you haven't already, and perhaps even if you have, send a report of this to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxx Normally, the debugging instructions at that point will be to build a kernel with the debugger and various debugging features, and see if a more useful failure made can be found (i.e., drop to the debugger / break to the debugger rather than hang), which will help track it down to something more specific. Ideally a bug in FreeBSD and not in the driver, from your perspective, because getting FreeBSD fixed is probably easier :-).

Robert N M Watson

  • Enabling busenum.dll makes application exit difficult
    ... by disabling touch driver and spi driver. ... PB Debugger Kernel debugger connected. ... FILESYS: Waiting for kernel to be ready to launch apps ... !AFD: ...
  • Re: CTooltipCtrl with custom paint causing SYSTEM CRASH!!!!!
    ... you probably have a bad driver. ... you might have found a bug in the kernel. ... this might be a hardware error or a device driver error. ... If the kernel debugger is connected and running when watchdog detects ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: CTooltipCtrl with custom paint causing SYSTEM CRASH!!!!!
    ... you probably have a bad driver. ... you might have found a bug in the kernel. ... If you copy the output from!analyze -v and post it here, I'll take a stab at analyzing ... If the kernel debugger is connected and running when watchdog detects ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Blue screen crashes
    ... Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. ... If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the ... What Warning and Error Reports appear in Event Viewer since it's ... If all goes okay without errors then the Printer driver was ...
  • Re: How do I find Driver Causing System Crash?
    ... I'm not sure how to interpret everything it's ... If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace. ... Microsoft to find which driver is in conflict. ... Your Device Manager, by Right clicking MY Computer and select ...