GELI slice encryption

Hello.

I have been investigating a 'secure' Firefox solution. The cache,
history and other files are kept on an encrypted slice and swap
is encrypted also.

The problem I am having is that I know the shell commands required
to unmount /tmp, create providers with GELI with one-time keys,
remount /tmp, activate swap etc. but I don't know the correct way
to get this done automatically on boot.

(I'd also like to submit a patch to the manual page to show how to
create an encrypted /tmp partition, but that comes later!).

thanks,
a1

  • Re: Is Greenspun enough?
    ... Most OSes memory map executables directly from the file system so code doesn't pollute the file cache or swap space. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Is Greenspun enough?
    ... Most OSes memory map executables directly from the file ... >> system so code doesn't pollute the file cache or swap space. ... but executables have a twist. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Install Debian on SD
    ... by setting it low say that they never want to swap. ... If that means using ram for file system buffer cache ... the LD_PRELOAD library to disable fsync(). ... I think disabling fsync() had more positive performance effect than ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: IA64 Linux VM performance woes.
    ... > At first the throughtput we are getting without file cache bypass is at around ... you're used to IRIX (or ever used the 2.6 layer). ... > and eventually all memory gets occupied by FS pages. ... That suggests you may be running with not much swap. ...
    (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
  • VM/Swap performance ideas
    ... I know it's slashdot, but this guy has a valid idea. ... You'll see that this person is proposing to allow disk cache pages to ... exist in ram for a given amount of time before dropping them in favor ... good solution to retrieving data in swap. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)