nnamp question

Hi:

I have a machine with four interfaces connecting four
different networks. I am learning to use nmap and
trying to force the nmap working only one interface.
As nmap man page states, I use -e option and it would
not work:

nmap -e fx0 -v -sP 192.168.128.0/23

Starting Nmap 3.95 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
at 2006-02-04 14:04 CST
getinterfaces: Failed to open ethernet interface (el0)
QUITTING!

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

  • RE: nnamp question
    ... getinterfaces: Failed to open ethernet interface (em0) ... It has 4 interfacres but nmap just sticks with em0. ... Are you running nmap as root? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: linux box disallow incoming udp traffic ??
    ... I used nmap -sU 192.168.1.1 to scan it just take too long time and I ... > 123/udp open|filtered ntp ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: nnamp question
    ... -> is a "Ping Scan however, and this does not require root privilages... ... Which seems to indicate that nmap is being told to look for an interface ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: nnamp question
    ... confusion. ... getinterfaces: Failed to open ethernet interface (em0) ... It has 4 interfacres but nmap just sticks with em0. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: crack traces in /var ?
    ... > no unnecessary service listening to the outside interface. ... You're going to want to run nmap from a foreign host to test yourself. ... ::': proud Debian admin and user ...
    (Debian-User)