Re: Reflections on Trusting Trust

From: Kris Kennaway (kris_at_obsecurity.org)
Date: 11/30/05

    Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:03:26 -0500
    To: Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>

    On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:44:46PM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
    > Kris Kennaway wrote:
    > > Also, pkg_sign(1) has existed for a long time, but needs the support
    > > infrastructure to make it usable.
    >
    > Last I heard, pkg_sign(1) became non-functional when we changed from
    > gzipped tarballs to bzip2ed tarballs for packages.

    Yeah, that could well be true.

    Kris

    • Re: Updating FreeBSD
      ... On 2005-11-29, Kris Kennaway wrote: ... > By a day or so, yeah. ... > with which to build the packages in 0 time. ... Also I'd have to update my ports tree at the exact same ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Reflections on Trusting Trust
      ... Kris Kennaway wrote: ... > Also, pkg_signhas existed for a long time, but needs the support ... > infrastructure to make it usable. ... gzipped tarballs to bzip2ed tarballs for packages. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: 4 CD set
      ... Kris Kennaway wrote: ... >>Yea I did download same via 56k and a few extras like Abiword via ADSL ... I guess it's the two official plus some extra packages ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: panic: APIC: Previous IPI is stuck
      ... On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote: ... > Yeah, it's usually a pretty busy machine. ... me about it being caused by both CPUs IPIng at once and there no deadlock ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: cleaning FreeBSD
      ... Kris Kennaway wrote: ... >>way to clean out old unused programming sections like this in FreeBSD 5.4? ... Okay so it won't tell me what packages they tied to. ... There should be a way to found out what pkg a file belongs to, ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)