Re: Need urgent help regarding security

From: Peter C. Lai (sirmoo_at_cowbert.2y.net)
Date: 11/27/05

    Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:12:46 -0500
    To: Bitbucket <bitbuvket@dannysplace.net>

    On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:13:03AM +0100, Bitbucket wrote:

    > > You can also couple this with port-knocking (or even just port-knocking
    > > on 22).
    >
    > Just out of curiosity, has anyone implemented this in fbsd?
    > I would love to implement this for my machines.
    >
    > -D

    doorman (doorman.sf.net) is in ports.
    tumbler (tumbler.sf.net) was one of the original implementations discussed
    in linux journal and dr. dobbs (and in perl, altho may require a perl pcap
    module).
    I haven't tried any of these myself, but you might find them interesting.
    http://www.portknocking.org/view/implementations/implementations for an
    extensive listing.

    --
    Peter C. Lai