Re: What happened with portaudit?

jimmy_at_inet-solutions.be
Date: 11/07/05

    Date: Mon,  7 Nov 2005 08:47:03 +0100
    To: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>

    Quoting "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>:

    > On 2005.11.06 21:48:52 +0100, Jimmy Scott wrote:
    > > On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:30:00PM +0100, Kövesdán Gábor wrote:
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > One of my machines I got a report about 3 vulnerable packages (php4,
    > > > ruby, openssl) in tomorrows security run output, but in today's security
    > > > run output all of them disappeared, but nobody upgraded or removed the
    > > > affected packages. I reinstalled portaudit, refreshd its database, but
    > > > now it reports 0 affected pakages. The pkg_info command lists that three
    > > > packages, so they are still installed. Does anybody suspect what's wrong?
    > >
    > > I noticed the same, but didn't had the time to look for a possible
    > > answer on that question.
    >
    > It does seem to work for me now. Could people having this problem
    > please check the size of /var/db/portaudit/auditfile.tbz and try to
    > run portaudit -Fa to refetch the database and check again?
    >
    > For reference:
    >
    > [simon@zaphod:/tmp] ls -l /var/db/portaudit/auditfile.tbz
    > -r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 31762 6 Nov 22:40 /var/db/portaudit/auditfile.tbz
    >
    > There have been one previous report where a problem with the portaudit
    > database build resulted in an incomplete auditfile which was then
    > fixed after the next portaudit database rebuild.
    >
    > --
    > Simon L. Nielsen
    > FreeBSD Security Team

    Everything seems fine today, I can't check the size of the file from
    then since it's being run every night by periodic/security.

    If you are really interrested in the file I could restore it from a
    backup somehow, but it will be a lot of work. I should have checked
    it from the moment I noticed in the emails.

    Kind regards,
    Jimmy Scott

    • Re: What happened with portaudit?
      ... Quoting "Simon L. Nielsen": ... > There have been one previous report where a problem with the portaudit ... > database build resulted in an incomplete auditfile which was then ... To report spamming or other unaccepted behavior ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: What happened with portaudit?
      ... Simon L. Nielsen wrote: ... > There have been one previous report where a problem with the portaudit ... > database build resulted in an incomplete auditfile which was then ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Portaudit build currently broken
      ... Turn SVN -> CVS back on, fix portaudit, then try turning ... The port is not yet fixed but with the helpful comments from Simon, ... "Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Portaudit strange behavior.
      ... On all my servers I have portaudit version 0.5.13 ... If I try update audit database ... Arek Czereszewski ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Portaudit strange behavior.