Re: Repeated attacks via SSH

From: Bigby Findrake (bigby_at_ephemeron.org)
Date: 10/03/05

    Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:48:29 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Timothy Smith <timothy@open-networks.net>

    Have a look at labrea.

    http://labrea.sourceforge.net/

    On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Timothy Smith wrote:

    > i wonder if there isn't an opertunity to create some kind of honey pot
    > project given the growing frequencies of these ssh based attacks.
    >
    > allow logins then dragggggg out the connection as long as you can. i
    > still have a copy of everything they used to attack my system (it was
    > left in /tmp and they were trying to get my system to scan as well)

    "I dislike companies that have a we-are-the-high-priests-of-hardware-so-you'll-
    like-what-we-give-you attitude. I like commodity markets in which
    iron-and- silicon hawkers know that they exist to provide fast toys for
    software types like me to play with..."
            -- Eric S. Raymond

                        finger://bigby@ephemeron.org
                        http://www.ephemeron.org/~bigby/