RE: Problem with portaudit's database

From: Michael Scheidell (scheidell_at_secnap.net)
Date: 09/07/05

    Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 07:56:49 -0400
    To: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>, "Dmitry Pryanishnikov" <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>

    I had a similar problem (which was fixed with portaudit -F) so, I assume
    that for a short time, the audit db was corrupted.

    • Re: Interested in BASH becoming part of z/OS UNIX? Vote for requirement 60048
      ... The phrase "toy operating system" was unfortunate. ... vulnerability like this one focuses the attention of would-be hackers ... against, variously, in different places where BASH is used. ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Joyce Hatto Ballades
      ... >much attention, but I would expect an intelligent fellow who takes time ... >Let me ask you a question of human nauture, ... >Say that -hypothetically- Simon afterwards fully understood that he ... >ought to have seen the meaning of the sentence he commented on, ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Re: [Provocation] are Java programmers unfriendly and harsh people?
      ... I would find it more convincing if Simon led by example. ... I find that the most effective way to improve things is to actually do something rather than just complain about it. ... Complaining is fine but I suspect people pay more attention to the complaints of those who actually put in the effort to make this newsgroup useful. ... My point is that poorly composed messages often don't get answered. ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • Re: So is Australia raping the Pacific, too?
      ... Pay particular attention to Simon and his ego: ...
      (rec.sport.rugby.union)
    • Re: An apology
      ... killfile, how can it get any attention at all? ... Simon Mason ... Simon Mason- Hide quoted text - ...
      (uk.rec.cycling)