Re: recompile sshd with OPIE?

From: Joel Hatton (joel_at_auscert.org.au)
Date: 08/16/05

    To: des@des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav)
    Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:04:36 +1000

    > freebsd-security@auscert.org.au writes:
    > > This may sound like a really silly question, but how do I enable it?
    >
    > ChallengeResponseAuthentication Yes

    Aah - silly me - I always associated that with PAM. I'll try this asap -
    holiday tomorrow so in a day or two.

    > > There's no man[5] sshd_config entry,

    Sorry, I meant there's no mention of OPIE in man[5] sshd_config - as soon
    as I read my email I thought it could be misinterpreted :)

    > > but through trial and error I
    > > identified an option that doesn't cause an error: SkeyAuthentication yes
    >
    > Which FreeBSD version are you running? There is no such option in any
    > recent OpenSSH version, and unrecognized options should cause a fatal
    > error.

    5.3Rp20 - I found this option just by random guessing, it didn't cause an
    error and the daemon started ok! Didn't work though...

    thanks very much,
    -- Joel Hatton --
    Security Analyst | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
    AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax: +61 7 3365 7031
    The University of Queensland | WWW: www.auscert.org.au
    Qld 4072 Australia | Email: auscert@auscert.org.au

    • Re: recompile sshd with OPIE?
      ... > This may sound like a really silly question, but how do I enable it? ... ChallengeResponseAuthentication Yes ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: A Kenwood HF rigs "real" frequency in CW
      ... This may sound like a very silly question, ... then should I set the TS-530S' frequency display to 7.040MHz (in ... I always wonder if I should move back to 7.040 for transmit. ...
      (rec.radio.amateur.equipment)
    • Re: Strip slashes?
      ... > THis is going to sound a silly question, but why does this need to be done? ... > what does strip slahes actually do and solve? ... the magic quotes system is. ...
      (alt.php)
    • Re: Not being given shifts...
      ... How many hours a week does she normally work? ... contract say she works? ... This doesn't sound like the kind of employer with a grievance policy, ... she is being forced to take holiday. ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: OT: Murphys Law?
      ... It seem to happen every holiday season. ... This time it is Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT system. ... Time to replace it w/ better, newer 3D, UHD handling unit and throw in a ... AVRs I liked the sound on the Marantz units the best. ...
      (alt.home.repair)