Re: booting gbde-encrypted filesystem

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek (pjd_at_FreeBSD.org)
Date: 07/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:00:36 +0200
    To: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>

    On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:56:18AM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
    +> > This is not not possible with current GBDE.
    +> > I've patches which allows this here:
    +> >
    +> > http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/gbde.patch
    +>
    +> This is great. Do you intend to commit it someday ? I know the GELI
    +> framework allows to use an encrypted root partition, but it would be
    +> interesting for GBDE users to be provided such a fonctionnality.

    I sent those patches to phk@ few months ago now. If he decided to add
    such functionality he is welcome to use them:)
    I'm not going to commit it by myself.

    pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

    • Re: booting gbde-encrypted filesystem
      ... Do you intend to commit it someday? ... +> interesting for GBDE users to be provided such a fonctionnality. ... I sent those patches to phk@ few months ago now. ... I'm not going to commit it by myself. ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • PR backlog [was: Re: usb/umass, devfs: this sucks]
      ... how long will it take for patches that involve multiple subsystems? ... ready for commit". ... PRs by tag, and another email showing only PRs with patches, also ... But the first of these items is really particular to ports. ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Apache 2.x, mod_tcl webdev frameworks
      ... mod_tcl as a shared module and link it into a running Apache. ... If someone wants to commit to it, I can probably see about commit ... continuous work, otherwise it's just patches. ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: [stable] NFS client packet storm on 2.6.27.x
      ... state when it is possible for me to use 2.6.27.x kernels. ... will it be possible to get tcp_linger and the upper twho patches to ... commit ids of the orignal patches? ... commit 670f94573104b4a25525d3fcdcd6496c678df172 (SUNRPC: Ensure we set ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: FreeBSD has serious problems with focus, longevity, and lifecycle
      ... and developers have moved on to working in the 10.0 ... patches rather than with anything else. ... the next best thing you can to _not_ have a patch committed is to ... don't refuse when offered a commit bit :-) ...
      (freebsd-hackers)