Re: encrypting existing partitions/disks

From: Ronnel P. Maglasang (rmaglasang_at_infoweapons.com)
Date: 07/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:34:06 +0800
    To: Ozgur Ozdemircili <ozgur.ozdemircili@gmail.com>

    What you mean everything? There's not much
    in there, the sample is a clean (new) disk.
    Anyways, I already figured it out, you just have to
    move the data on the disk, gbde-encrypt the disk
    and move the data back. The one I've mentioned
    below works.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Ozgur Ozdemircili wrote:

    >Did you check out
    >http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-encrypting.h
    >tml ?
    >It clearly explains everything.
    >Cheers
    >Ozgur Ozdemircili

    • Re: "superblock last write time is in the future" on boot
      ... It has to do with the fact that the local time ... trouble. ... > "One disk to rule them all, ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: disabling of XWindows start on ubunt
      ... No need to chroot to access disk when booted from live image. ... If you boot off the live CD you can mount the disk and remove ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Problem booting RAID1/mdadm system when one disk is unplugged
      ... My System has 2x120GB IDE disks with the an up-to-date Sarge install, running kernel 2.6.8-3 and configured for mirroring. ... some friends of mine do not agree that my initrd is the problem because they point out that I can still boot when two disks are present. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... disk BIOS presents, and partition number 6 on that disk. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Problem booting RAID1/mdadm system when one disk is unplugged
      ... My System has 2x120GB IDE disks with the an up-to-date Sarge install, running kernel 2.6.8-3 and configured for mirroring. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... first disk BIOS presents, and partition number 6 on that disk. ... You always want to RAID1 the swap as well. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: how to fix logical bad sectors
      ... SMART test to diagnose any problem from the disk and better if you use ... If both SATA drives pass the tests then open your computer case and reseat/ ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)