Re: Will 5.4 be an "Extended Life" release?

From: Brett Glass (brett_at_lariat.org)
Date: 04/18/05

    Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:09:32 -0600
    To: Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>

    At 09:22 PM 4/17/2005, Colin Percival wrote:

    >Unless someone wants to step forward with an offer to pay the
    >salaries of the release engineering team for a few months,

    The same way they're being paid for their work on other
    releases? ;-)

    >Eh? If the important part is the security fixes, why not just
    >install 4.11 and then apply the security fixes?

    That's fine for awhile, but there will soon be enough
    that this will be painful. And it may be a good idea to
    produce a release containing other code that's been backported
    from 5.x and 6.x.

    --Brett Glass

    • Re: Auto Number
      ... I have a table for employee records, with the pay rate and other personal ... Income tax and the result is then stored in another table, called SALARIES ... is stored in a field - data type -number and primary key. ... If the database is first used at mid year, then the old payroll data (not ...
    • For feds, more get 6-figure salaries
      ... Average pay $30,000 over private sector ... The number of federal workers earning six-figure salaries has exploded during ... during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector. ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • Re: Where privatisation went off the rails
      ... the TOCs ills on excessive pay. ... there was a fixation on headline salaries - which unsurprisingly ... want to get the proportion of the total cost of the railways covered by ... fare increases and on the other hand by reducing costs. ...
      (uk.railway)
    • Thanks again you left wing fools!
      ... The number of federal workers earning six-figure salaries has exploded ... Federal employees making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% ... that's before overtime pay and bonuses are counted. ... government, in agencies big and small, high-tech and low-tech. ...
      (alt.politics)
      ... minimum salary you pay tax on ... pay scale salaries for teledyne benthos ... bankruptcy motion to pay officers salaries ... texas teacher step pay salary scale ...
      (comp.dcom.cabling)