IPSEC l2tpd and Windows shares problem

From: Vicky Shrestha (mail_at_vickysh.wlink.com.np)
Date: 04/17/05

    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org
    Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:17:17 +0545

    Dear all,

    I am running IPSEC and l2tpd in FreeBSD 4.9.

    I am able to connect from WindowsXP to this FreeBSD box . I am also able to
    ping the Hosts behind the IPSEC gateway, connect to internal ftp servers,
    browse intranet websites etc.

    However I am not able to browse network shares (windows and samba both). It
    does prompts for Username/password when we try to access directly , but it
    will never show the network shares.

    If I connect to a linux IPSEC gateway using rp-l2tp there is no problem.

    /usr/local/etc/l2tp/l2tpd.conf
    ====================================
    [global]
    port = 1701

    [lns default]
    ip range = 192.168.0.129 - 192.168.0.254
    local ip = 192.168.0.2
    hostname = freebsdipsec
    name = freebsdipsec
    ppp debug = yes
    pppoptfile = /usr/local/etc/l2tp/options.l2tpd
    =======================================
    /usr/local/etc/l2tp/options.l2tpd
    =======================================
    noauth