Re: PAM fails to change user password

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav (des_at_des.no)
Date: 03/23/05

    Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:48:45 +0100
    To: FreeBSD MailList <subscriber@osk.com.ua>

    FreeBSD MailList <subscriber@osk.com.ua> writes:
    > When I try to change user's password (via passwd) I recieve the
    > following:
    >
    > passwd: entry inconsistent
    > passwd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module
    > passwd: in pam_sm_chauthtok(): pw_copy() failed

    Do you by any chance have multiple entries for the same user in
    master.passwd? If you do, use vipw(8) to remove all but one, and try
    again.

    DES

    --
    Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@des.no

    • PAM fails to change user password
      ... When I try to change user's password (via passwd) I recieve the ... passwd: entry inconsistent ... passwd: pam_chauthtok: error in service module ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Pronunciation of common Linux-related words
      ... I'm not 100% sure of (lilo, passwd, chroot). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Lost Root Pasword.
      ... > juste use the passwd to reset the password. ... > 2) Boot with another FreeBSD install. ... I know all the chars used in the password (yes I ... >> To unsubscribe, send any mail to ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: ssh connection without passwd
      ... that password based connections are allowed to that server. ... In fact I want an automatic (from scrpit without passwd) connection ... I don't know if ssh has an option to disable ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)