Heads up: End of RELENG_4_8 support

From: Colin Percival (colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk)
Date: 03/05/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:43:28 -0800
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

      At the end of March, the RELENG_4_8 (sometimes called 4.8-SECURITY)
    branch will reach its designated End of Life and cease to be supported
    by the FreeBSD Security Team.
      Released in April 2003, FreeBSD 4.8 was the first release designated
    for "extended" two-year security support instead of the normal one-year
    support. Over this time, 27 security advisories have been issued which
    have affected FreeBSD 4.8.
      It is recommended that all FreeBSD 4.8 users upgrade their systems to
    FreeBSD 4.11 before the end of the month. FreeBSD 4.11 has also been
    designated for extended support, and will be supported until at least
    the end of January 2007.

      After FreeBSD 4.8, the next release End of Life will be for FreeBSD
    4.10, which will cease to be supported at the end of May 2006.

    Colin Percival

    • Changes to FreeBSD security support policy
      ... for tracking security fixes to FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE: ... This eliminates support for the class of vulnerabilities exploitable ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Status Report January-March, 2010
      ... This report covers FreeBSD related projects between January and March ... that our committers are keeping up with the latest trends in the OS ... EFI support for FreeBSD/i386 ...
      (freebsd-announce)
    • FreeBSD Status Report January-March, 2010
      ... This report covers FreeBSD related projects between January and March ... that our committers are keeping up with the latest trends in the OS ... EFI support for FreeBSD/i386 ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • FreeBSD Status Report January-March, 2010
      ... This report covers FreeBSD related projects between January and March ... that our committers are keeping up with the latest trends in the OS ... EFI support for FreeBSD/i386 ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • FreeBSD Status Report January-March, 2010
      ... This report covers FreeBSD related projects between January and March ... that our committers are keeping up with the latest trends in the OS ... EFI support for FreeBSD/i386 ...
      (freebsd-questions)