ftp problem

From: Endin Suprana (esuprana_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/25/05

    Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:34:59 -0800 (PST)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Hi all,

    I'm just setup a new freebsd to be a ftp server.
    ftp-ing from localhost was success, but when i was
    trying to ftp from other ip, got result "Connection
    closed by remote host."

    Kernel already configure with firewall (with options
    FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT). rc.conf file already
    contain "firewall_type=open".

    What could be the problem? I can seem to solve this
    problem. Please help.

    • Re: tried everything- cannot publish to web
      ... the path to the FTP server correctly, ... firewall, and/or a third party firewall included in a antivirus suite, or a ... looking at the instructions from Yahoo about how to upload your site, ... how to use their control panel to upload your files. ...
      (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
    • Is there a way to get 30 GB files through the net ...
      ... I could run an ftp server on my debian side (I ... only support files up to 4GB. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Debian-User)
    • [Full-disclosure] Heap overflow problem----Help
      ... I am exploiting a heap-based buffer overflow in one of the ftp server on window 2000 advanced server with no SP. ... When program executes the following instruction what happens is explained beside the instruction: ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • freebsd question
      ... Second, is it possible for me to use one hard drive and use it as a ftp server, and while using a secondary hard drive as a webserver for my niece on one computer? ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • TransferRatio aint working with proftpd
      ... ServerName "AliTriX's FTP Server" ... TransferRate APPE,STOR 5 ... localhost - Config for AliTriX's FTP Server: ... localhost - DefaultServer ...
      (alt.linux)