Re: Listening outside ipfw / program interface to ipfw

From: Bruce M Simpson (bms_at_spc.org)
Date: 01/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:33:17 +0000
    To: Rumen Telbizov <altares@e-card.bg>

    On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 11:07:22AM +0200, Rumen Telbizov wrote:
    > If someone can provide me a reference to the C api
    > of ipfw I will be thankfull.

    There isn't an ipfw API as such. Look at XORP, xorp/fea/pa_backend_ipfw2.cc.

    BMS

    • Fw: FreeBSD tool for network bandwidthmeasure ?
      ... > MRTG will give you an idea of network traffic and Ntop will monitor who is ... I don't think there are any special requirements for trafshow ... >> ipfw does have to be enabled in the kernel though. ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: Port scan detection in ipfw2
      ... wanted to see if there was something nifty in ipfw that I didn't know about. ... Using a user app would not do any good ... its time constraint?) ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: order of starting services at boot?
      ... > I've looked all over and am having trouble gleening what controls this. ... if I would like to start ipfw before dhclient (right now ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Logging and IPFW
      ... > We're moving from ipfilter to ipfw. ... The firewall appears to be working, ... > nothing back on the portscanning machine, ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?
      ... Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD? ... I always found natting in ipfw rather awkward and harder than in pf. ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-current)