Re: 100.chksetuid in /etc/periodic/security resets the mashine

From: Nielsen (nielsen_at_memberwebs.com)
Date: 11/27/04

To: Andrei Grudiy <gruand@interexc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:59:07 +0000 (GMT)

Andrei Grudiy wrote:
> I have a problem.
> When I (or system) start the script 100.chksetuid in
> /etc/periodic/security my machine resets.

Are you using null mounts? Or perhaps jails? I've had a combination of
these features cause a kernel panic. Too many 'find' processing going at
once. Setting different jails to do their security checks at slightly
different times fixed it for me.

Cheers,
Nate

  • Re: 100.chksetuid in /etc/periodic/security resets the mashine
    ... Andrei Grudiy wrote: ... Are you using null mounts? ... these features cause a kernel panic. ... Setting different jails to do their security checks at slightly ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: 100.chksetuid in /etc/periodic/security resets the mashine
    ... Andrei Grudiy wrote: ... Are you using null mounts? ... these features cause a kernel panic. ... Setting different jails to do their security checks at slightly ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: New jail(8) with configuration files, not yet in head
    ... This project came from a desire to improve the jail startup procedure in rc.d/jail, which remains stuck handling the old fixed-parameter jails. ... The new jail pseudo-parameters added to the config file exist mostly to match the existing rc.d/jail functionality - the mount.* and exec.* parameters are direct analogs to rc.conf shell variables. ... I have tried to avoid bloating the command with new features that don't have a reasonably broad base; the only really new things I can think of are the "depend" parameter (dependency graph of jails, ... I wouldn't want to do away with a config file, as that's a much cleaner way to define multiple jails than depending on the rc system or requiring a "roll your own" approach that is currently the only way to use the newer features. ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: Configuration differences for jails
    ... readonly mounts may be a good choice. ... > mounts can not deal with this situation because different jails need ... < jeremie at le-hen dot org>< ttz at chchile dot org> ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • how many mounts can a system have?
    ... I am experimenting with using nfs mounts from localhost to build a set ... of read only mounts of basic system directories so that I have a single ... "filebase" to base a farm of jails off of. ... Upgrade the master and youonly have to merge etc ...
    (freebsd-questions)