Re: Question restricting ssh access for some users only

From: Jim Hatfield (subscriber_at_insignia.com)
Date: 10/08/04

    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org
    Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:28:52 +0100

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:14:07 +0100 , in local.freebsd.security you
    wrote:

    >have you tried using /etc/login.access?

    Hmm, looks like sshd does not consult this file!
    I'm connecting as user "mis" and the client machine is
    172.16.64.16 so I put this at the bottom:

    +:mis:172.16.64.16

    and it let me in from a different machine.

    I tried adding this below:

    -:ALL:ALL

    but it made no difference. I did HUP sshd.

    jim