Re: Question restricting ssh access for some users only

From: Jim Hatfield (subscriber_at_insignia.com)
Date: 10/08/04

    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org
    Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:28:52 +0100

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:14:07 +0100 , in local.freebsd.security you
    wrote:

    >have you tried using /etc/login.access?

    Hmm, looks like sshd does not consult this file!
    I'm connecting as user "mis" and the client machine is
    172.16.64.16 so I put this at the bottom:

    +:mis:172.16.64.16

    and it let me in from a different machine.

    I tried adding this below:

    -:ALL:ALL

    but it made no difference. I did HUP sshd.

    jim

    • not working AllowUsers DenyUsers
      ... I compiled openssh-3.6.1.p2 with standard options ... But I want to restrict access to my server by ssh ... by sshd configs. ... `Permission denied` message but when connecting from LAN all users excuding ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Running SSHD as non-root user
      ... Darren Paxton ... >> Darren> Folks, I'd like to be able to run sshd as a non ... >> privileged Darren> user since when I'm connecting to my box ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Cannot get to all ip addresses over vpn
      ... I'm connecting with a single client machine. ... Gateway on Remote Network" ... >If you are connecting two networks together than that is ...
    • Re: ssh gives "Permission denied, please try again"
      ... if the sshd daemon doesn't show a string of debug statements ... you're not connecting to that sshd daemon. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • interpreting sshd logging
      ... Is there a site that explains what the sshd messages in my auth.log ... running on a Linux 2.4.18-evms Debian server. ... This is a known problem to the rsync developers, ... file server connecting to this Debian server and stopping after 3 or so ...
      (SSH)