Re: Question restricting ssh access for some users only

From: Mark Ogden (ogden_at_eng.utah.edu)
Date: 10/07/04

    Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:34:00 -0600
    To: Vlad GALU <vladgalu@gmail.com>

    Vlad GALU on Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:22:16PM +0300 wrote:
    > On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:06:30 -0600, Mark Ogden <ogden@eng.utah.edu> wrote:
    > > Volker Kindermann on Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 07:54:17PM +0200 wrote:
    > > > Hi Jim,
    > > >

    > > But what if you have 1000 users? From my understanding you would have
    > > to add all users to the AllowUsers list.
    >
    > Or simply add all of them to one of the groups specified in "AllowGroups".

    Yes I do understand how that would work. Yet me better explain what we
    would like to do: We have over 9000 users and about 100 different
    groups. We would like to allow root ssh login to our machines but only
    from one or two machines. We like to have root login to be able to run
    remote commands to all our machines. So is there a way to limit roots
    login from one or two machines?

    -Mark