Re: Kernel-loadable Root Kits

From: Lupe Christoph (lupe_at_lupe-christoph.de)
Date: 09/30/04

    Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:50:24 +0200
    To: David Pick <d.m.pick@qmul.ac.uk>, Deepak Jain <deepak@ai.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, dwbear75@gmail.com, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>

    On Wednesday, 2004-09-29 at 19:50:29 -0400, David Schultz wrote:

    > Great idea. See mac(4).

    I suppose this gives more than "No manual entry for mac" when you run
    FreeBSD 5.x?

    Lupe Christoph

    --
    | lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
    | "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |

    • Re: Can receive but cant send email
      ... Receiving messages is never an issue. ... .Mac with authentication...) ... options' turn ON authentication (same as receiving mail server). ... I highly recommend the use of Postfix Enabler. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
    • Re: Outlook 2001 and Exchange 2003
      ... > mail server. ... For Mac OS 9 and earlier machines the .local will not affect anything ... .local to refer to a Rendezvous network. ... isn't always reliable, however, and that renaming the company network to ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.mac)
    • Re: [SLE] Trying to use a Mac address for my firewall....help?
      ... I can access my mail server from home because I setup my ... >>the mail server, but instead of using an IP, I want to use a MAC ... what entry do I make in my SuSEfirewall.conf so that my laptop's MAC ... far as ssh, how can I use that with email? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Trying to use a Mac address for my firewall....help?
      ... I can access my mail server from home because I setup my ... >IP address on my firewall. ... what entry do I make in my SuSEfirewall.conf so that my laptop's MAC ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Wanadoo email setting for Mac "Mail"
      ... > account using the pre-installed Mac Mail SOftware. ... but whats throwing me is Wanadoo a pop account? ... Smtp.wanadoo.co.uk = outgoing mail server ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)