Re: ssh security

From: Derek Ragona (derek_at_computinginnovations.com)
Date: 09/25/04

    Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:09:05 -0500
    To: Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>, Chris Orr <chris@manual-override.net>

    At 04:54 PM 9/24/2004, Alex de Kruijff wrote:
    >On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:03:04PM -0500, Chris Orr wrote:
    > > When you build openssh, you need to be sure to add the --with-tcp-wrappers
    > > argument when you run the configure script.
    > >
    > > ex: ./configure --with-ssl-dir=../openssl --with-pam --with-tcp-wrappers
    > >
    > > Hopefully this points you in the right direction.
    > >
    > > -chris
    >
    >This is a bit unsual for FreeBSD. If the default with the base system
    >doesn't fith you, the you can use the port system to comile a newer
    >version. cd /usr/porst/.../ssh && make install && make clean
    >
    >--
    >Alex

    I guess I am asking are the tcp wrappers enabled in the default base
    system? If the wrappers are not enabled, do I need to build world with
    some special compile option?

    Or build ssh from the port? If the port is used do I then need to
    reconfigure anything in the system to use the port version instead of the
    base system ssh?

    Thanks for your help.

             -Derek