Re: Attacks on ssh port

From: Chris Ryan (chrisryanemail_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: 09/23/04

    Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:08:09 +1000 (EST)
    To: Nick Cleaton <nick@cleaton.net>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    > I want access to my system from any IP address, so
    > I've patched my sshd so
    > that a secret token is required to connect. Kinda
    > like using an obscure
    > port, only more so :)

    Hi Nick

    so does that mean you have to rebuild ssh everytime
    there is a security update for sshd?

    regards

    Chris

    http://au.movies.yahoo.com

    • Re: putty and SuSE and OpenSSH2 without password
      ... > see with the cat command Simon suggests. ... I have 3 keys in the authorized_keys2 file: one for dsa generated ... I will check sshd with the debug-switch at evening. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • root login restriction in sshd
      ... I would like to restrict direct root login to the server using sshd, ... Best Regards, ... IT Infrastructure & Operations, ... Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • [SLE] ssh
      ... I am having trouble starting sshd. ... When i run rcsshd it ... Regards ... For super low premiums,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote ...
      (SuSE)
    • works scp over sftp?
      ... Does it use the sftp subsystem of sshd or does it only use the base ... functionality of the ssh deamon? ... with best regards ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: pam session failing
      ... There might be a few lines you wanna add to your pam.config for sshd. ... With regards, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)