Re: Attacks on ssh port

From: Nick Cleaton (nick_at_cleaton.net)
Date: 09/23/04

    Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 06:52:29 +0200
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 06:28:19PM -0400, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

    > Personally I only allow ssh from known legitimate sources and block the
    > rest so the "noise" is in a completely different list.

    I want access to my system from any IP address, so I've patched my sshd so
    that a secret token is required to connect. Kinda like using an obscure
    port, only more so :)

       http://nick.cleaton.net/openssh-3.8p1-cc-0.03.patch

    Nick

    --
    $_='YN8KuE***  http://www.exonetric.com/  Telehouse UK colo  ***HARQr**'
    .'NfzV0YrC1***     GBP40/month +VAT 40G BW no setup fee     ***MnjJ**'

    • Re: SSH is disconnecting at random
      ... I have recently installed Debian sarge on an old machine and usually log on using ssh since I don't have a monitor hooked up to the machine. ... It has been working fine for some time but recently, the computer has been disconnecting me at random and closing the connection. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: is it rational to close the 139 port
      ... On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh ... *restricted* to the set of users that indeed are allowed to ssh to the ... I can ssh from remote server back to laptop without password. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: iptables not behaving the way I expected
      ... On 4/18/07, Jim Hyslop wrote: ... I've set my SSH to accept only public key authorization, ... tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ssh state NEW ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: newbie question on port forwarding(and ssh, netcat)
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: ethernet howto
      ... But I have no idea where to start from scratch, have never done this before I ... Then transfer the files the way you like, by ftp, ssh, rsync, tftp, www, ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)