ipfw2 in 5.2.1

brisbanebsd_at_mac.com
Date: 09/07/04

    Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:41:21 +1000
    To: freebsd-security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>

    hi - this is my first post to this list so go easy on me ! I am trying to find info on using ipfw2 with freebsd 5.2.1 as I have read that it supports MAC address based firewalling. Situation is, I have a small externally managed VPN network, about 12 different subnets all terminating in my office location, and all managed by a tier 1 telco. Problem is, their CPE routers do not have any firewalling capability. I was going to try and place a freebsd box between this external netowrk and my internal network and only allow traffic from know MAC addresses.

    I cannot find a lot of info on google on compiling the kernal for ipfw2, and their is no man page for ipfw2 only ipfw.

    If thisis the wrong list can someone please direct me to the right one. Ta.

    • RE: Error compiling ipfw2 on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE and 4.11-p10
      ... I am pretty sure you still need to re-compile IPFW etc. ... I think ipfw2 has replaced ipfw in the base release by 4.11. ... have to do anything after compiling the kernel. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • ipfw2 in 5.2.1
      ... I cannot find a lot of info on google on compiling the kernal for ipfw2, and their is no man page for ipfw2 only ipfw. ... If thisis the wrong list can someone please direct me to the right one. ...
      (freebsd-newbies)
    • Re: per-interface packet filters, design approach
      ... > updates of firewall configuration with a single syscall). ... I'm trying to consider IPFW1 in the picture as well; ... IPFW2 is something I'm considering as a separate entity. ... Are there any nicer ways of telling IPFW v1 and v2 apart both at compile ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Profiling ipfw2 performance
      ... > Can someone please point me to a method for measuring the packet lag between interfaces when using ipfw and/or ipfw2? ... i386 kernels you can add the option ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: [from newbies] RE: IPFW2 + 4.10
      ... IPFW2 is not compiled into 4.10 by default. ... At a shell, type "man ipfw", ... then a single forward slash (to bring up the search tool), ... ipfw2 is standard in FreeBSD CURRENT, ...
      (freebsd-questions)