Re: Root users shell == no existantshell /bin/bash

From: Jon DeShirley (jond_at_uidaho.edu)
Date: 07/12/04

    Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Jason Stone wrote:

    > 1) the original poster is screwed - sorry dude, you'll have to shutdown.

    I thought he already mentioned that single user didn't work for him.

    I'm also supprised no one has suggested the FixIt disk or taking the drive
    out and putting it in another machine, since he obviously has physical
    access to the system. All he has to do is mount / and vipw -d
    <whereever>.

    (we now return you to your regularly scheduled bikeshed discussion)