Re: 4.x, PAM, password facility

From: Peter Pentchev (roam_at_ringlet.net)
Date: 06/21/04

    Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:54:31 +0300
    To: Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>

    On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 04:26:19PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
    [snip]
    > And since I know there's someone lurking here that knows this, is there
    > any way to have OpenSSH deny a login when a user has key-based auth setup
    > on their account? I never found a good way to take care of that; changing
    > the shell, etc. is a bit awkward.

    The sshd_config(5) manual page for OpenSSH in both -STABLE and -CURRENT
    mentions Allow/DenyUsers/Groups. I'm not sure how long this has been
    around, though - I seem to remember a time when only ssh.com's sshd
    supported this.

    G'luck,
    Peter

    --
    Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
    If I had finished this sentence,

    • Re: Intro...
      ... Alex writes: ... I've been lurking for a while now, ... Moshe Schorr ...
      (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
    • Re: Yikes! Where is my prompt config hiding?
      ... I don't need to type this in each time I login? ... burner status. ... same name, which is downright weird. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Cable Broadband, Can anyone help!!Please
      ... Let's try starting anew. ... I hope you will accept my assurance that: ... I've been lurking here for years. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: typesetting problem
      ... Thanks David Carlisle and Morten Hogholm. ... There's a lot of good stuff lurking around the edges. ...
      (comp.text.tex)
    • Re: really really new...
      ... > Been lurking for a few days and wanted to say hello. ... Hey! ... that you read the FAQ and that you not cross-post with ...
      (rec.motorcycles.harley)