Re: Hacked or not ?

jon.mercer_at_achean.com
Date: 06/12/04

    Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:01:38 +0100 (BST)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    I have seen this as well, it is most likely a false positive.
    Additionally, slower or more heavily loaded machines seem more likely to
    generate false positive for LKM.

    As a side note, there really ought to be a way for admins to double check
    the output from chkrootkit Google helps little. Any offers..?

    Jon

    > Hi all,
    >
    > please advice me - I was on holidays for one week. After return I found
    in security mails from router (chkrootkit) following message:
    > Checking `lkm'... You have 1 process hidden for readdir command You
    have 1 process hidden for ps command