Hacked or not ?

From: Peter Rosa (prosa_at_pro.sk)
Date: 06/12/04

    To: "FreeBSD Security" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
    Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:15:33 +0200

    Hi all,

    please advice me - I was on holidays for one week. After return I found in
    security mails from router (chkrootkit) following message:
    Checking `lkm'... You have 1 process hidden for readdir command
    You have 1 process hidden for ps command
    Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed

    It apeared only onece. From previous and next days reports, the message is
    not present.

    How could I be sure, the machine is not hacked ?

    Many thanks for any response.

    Peter Rosa