How to configure applications so that they could use hardware ssl accelerator

From: Nebi Gurbanov (nebi_at_itu.edu.tr)
Date: 06/02/04

    To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
    Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:46:56 +0300

    Greetings,
    i came accross some comments about hardware ssl accelerator use under *nix
    in this list , and applied some of this information (which are post
    approximately 2 months ago) successfully to make apache to use hardware ssl
    accelerator . To do so i just wrote "SSLCryptoDevice ubsec" option to my
    httpd.conf and httpd started to use my Broadcom accelerator . But i still
    have problem , since i cannot make imaps , pops to use hardware ssl
    accelerator . I guess some guys in this list may have information about the
    usage of ssl accelerator with imaps ,pops applications (which are run under
    xinetd in RedHat AS 3.0) .

    Thanks in advance for your comments ..