Re: Multi-User Security

From: Frankye - ML (listsucker_at_ipv5.net)
Date: 05/17/04

    Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:10:16 +0200
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:08:40 +0200 (CEST)
    "David E. Meier" <dev@eth0.ch> wrote:

    | We would like to offer to some customers of ours some sort of network
    | backup/archive. They would put daily or weekly backups from their local
    | machine on our server using rsync and SSH. Therefore, they all have a
    | user account on our server. However, we must ensure that they would
    | absolutely not be able to access any data of each other at all.

    Just my 2 cents: I've found very useful some shells that permits just some
    subset of commands, for example shells/scponly, sysutils/bksh or
    sendmail's smrsh.

    Since you're using ssh you might also find useful the command= statement
    in .ssh/authorized_keys

    HTH

    Frankye