Re: Multi-User Security

From: Frankye - ML (listsucker_at_ipv5.net)
Date: 05/17/04

    Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:10:16 +0200
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:08:40 +0200 (CEST)
    "David E. Meier" <dev@eth0.ch> wrote:

    | We would like to offer to some customers of ours some sort of network
    | backup/archive. They would put daily or weekly backups from their local
    | machine on our server using rsync and SSH. Therefore, they all have a
    | user account on our server. However, we must ensure that they would
    | absolutely not be able to access any data of each other at all.

    Just my 2 cents: I've found very useful some shells that permits just some
    subset of commands, for example shells/scponly, sysutils/bksh or
    sendmail's smrsh.

    Since you're using ssh you might also find useful the command= statement
    in .ssh/authorized_keys

    HTH

    Frankye

    • Re: how to connect to a remote machine using python........
      ... Some python ssh packages are available if you are wanting to execute ... commands on a machine that has ssh. ... you could run a Python-based web server from a simple ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: free/cheap Windows SSH client that supports login scripts?
      ... connect, the commands will run. ... to a given server running SSH and then log straight into the mysql ... SecureCRT is so much nicer than anything else out there, ... cheap if you are a heavy ssh user. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: How to change permission using SSH ?
      ... I just buy a server but don't know how to control it (I have Webhost ... > server) ans I need in SSH some commands... ... If it is Linux a good place to start is: ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: How to chdir using SFTP or SSH on Win32
      ... How to chdir using SFTP or SSH on Win32 ... But I have a remote system with a custom server app that rejects the ... I have tried many combinations of commands using SSH such as ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: [SLE] needing to clone Suse servers
      ... For cloning an already installed server, ... The only Linux disk imaging and bare-metal restore solution on the market! ... DVD Burning --- Save backups directly to DVDs without using 3rd party DVD burning software ... Exclude files from backups --- Capture only business data and saves space in storage archives ensuring that you capture only business data ...
      (SuSE)