Re: Sendmail issues; possible exploit?

From: Alex V Eustrop (eustrop_at_net.mave.ru)
Date: 04/29/04

    To: Nick Golder <nrg@timing.com>
    Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:57:36 +0400 (MSD)

    > On a 4.8-RELEASE-p17 machine running Sendmail 8.12.8p2 we are seeing the
    > following errors in /var/log/{messages,maillog}:
    > sm-mta[50018]: i3TDTBcR050018: SYSERR(root): out of memory: Cannot
    > allocate memory

     Are you using clamav-milter? There are was such trouble with clamav-milter
    from clamav-devel before Apr 2004 on FreeBSD 4.9 (sendmail 8.12.9p2)
     I had that problem with 1.5 minutes or more while transferring single
    message to sendmail with clamav-milter. Sendmail has no trouble without
    clamav-milter or with other one (For example - spamass-milter-0.2.0_1 port)
     Clamav was fixed for that bug, but real problem could be (on not to be)
    inside sendmail.

    P.S. I am not sure that my message will be posted to freebsd-security@,
         but you can forward it to upcoming discussion if it's interesting.

    --
    Regards
    Eustrop

    • sendmail with clamav-milter step by setp installation documentation
      ... Here I write step by step installation documentation so that anyone can easily install sendmail with clamav-milter at most of Linux distribution. ... Check that clamd and clamav-milter process is running and its log file. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Clamav problem
      ... >> to error state ... >group writable (or perhaps just post the permissions here). ... How should I do can let clamav-milter start before sendmail? ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: need help with clamd, freshclam & clamav-milter setup...
      ... den 01.12.2005 schrieb Mike Leahy um 12:40: ... Fedora Extras packages have extra readmes. ... > (services are all ok, as far as I can tell, sendmail is hooked into ... > clamav-milter). ...
      (Fedora)
    • Sendmail + clamav-milter...
      ... I'm setting up sendmail on FC6 and am having trouble determining whether ... or not clamav-milter is properly configured and running. ... has anyone played with milter-regex or the greylist milter? ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: clamav-milter problems
      ... The clamav-milter logs show that it has started, ... I don't see any errors in any logs, ... sendmail seems to be ignoring the milter. ... Is Fedora Sendmail built with milter support? ...
      (Fedora)