Re: cvs commit: ports/multimedia/xine Makefile

From: Joe Marcus Clarke (marcus_at_marcuscom.com)
Date: 03/30/04

    To: Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
    Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:24:06 -0500

    On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 04:13, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
    > Michael Nottebrock wrote:
    >
    > > [...]
    > > However, it seems to me that marking ports FORBIDDEN for security
    > > reasons is more or less obsoleted (and made redundant) by
    > > portaudit/VuXML and committers having to hand-scan VuXML for updates and
    > > mark ports FORBIDDEN by hand just seems like duplicated (and
    > > error-prone) work... so maybe it's time to to away with marking ports
    > > FORBIDDEN for security reasons completely?
    >
    > I think portmgr@ is the authority here. CC'ed.

    Since VuXML is still optional, and newbies will not be likely to have
    it, I believe we still should be marking ports FORBIDDEN for security
    reasons. Better to wear a belt and suspenders.

    Joe

    • Re: Switchboard behind password
      ... or "high security" reasons (maybe not even security reasons at all). ... new form and the "userX_options" switchboard? ... Thanx in advance Rick! ...
      (microsoft.public.access.security)
    • Re: /boot at beginning of drive
      ... What are the security reasons? ... Hmm is there much point then in having /var separate? ... databases since /var is full. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Encrypting Harddisk?
      ... Also, for security reasons, ... > theft of customer access keys, credit card information, is also a big ... If you can't trust someone to know what algorithm you're using ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • RE: /boot at beginning of drive
      ... What are the security reasons? ... Hmm is there much point then in having /var separate? ... Without mysql, ... slice and well worth the diskspace and added security. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: ADAM provisioning proxy users
      ... My suggestion is you are trying set a user property which the security ... Are the users having passwords set? ... but I have about 300 accounts which won't provision. ... The modification was not permitted for security reasons ...