FreeBSD ipsec and NAT

From: Simon Taylor (Simon.Taylor_at_corizon.com)
Date: 03/03/04

    Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:00:14 -0000
    To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>

    Hi All,
    I currently have setup a site to site vpn using racoon on my freebsd
    firewall. All is well there and I can connect through the vpn when I am
    on the firewall and get the connection fine.
    Now I want to be able to connect from other machines through the
    firewall - this is where I come unstuck, the ipsec policy allows for my
    external address range to connect through the vpn, but then I would like
    my internal addresses to first get translated and then routed through
    the tunnel. But instead when I connect with my internal addresses they
    get translated, but then try and use the conventional gateway on the
    machine instead of picking up the ipsec policy.
    If that makes sense... I am using FreeBSD, ipf, ipnat and racoon.
    Any help appreciated
    Simon